2012-01-29

Featured Comments: Week of 2012 January 22

There was one post that got a few comments this week, so I'll repost most of them.

How-To: Make KDE Like Unity

Reader decentralist.wordpress.com had a few suggestions for KDE itself: "The main things I want to fix is being able to start a dash/menu/takeoff with just the meta/super/windows key and not need key combinations in KDE. I'm told this would require a change to Qt itself. I also want KDE to be able to use CTRL+ALT+ arrow keys to switch desktops instead of CTRL+Function keys. Don't think this can be fixed currently either."
An anonymous commenter responded to this, saying, "I did this a couple of months ago on openSUSE and Debian. The CTRL+ALT+ arrow keys is in the convoluted UI somewhere, I just don't remember where. I have also have gotten the super key to launch Kicker, I believe I added something to .xinit. Google is your friend, er maybe not. :)"
In the context of KDE being a refuge for people who don't like the Unity UI, another anonymous reader asked, "Why?"

Thanks to all those who commented on this past week's posts. This coming week, I don't really have much planned, but I'm sure I can think of something to write about. In any case, if you like what I write, please continue subscribing and commenting!