2011-07-10

Featured Comments: Week of 2011 July 3

There was one post that got one comment this week.

Google+: Initial Thoughts

Reader Thrash Cardiom said, "I think Google will be pushing it out quite quickly to the public. They need to achieve a critical mass so it doesn't become a wasteland. Too few people in Google+ means few people will use it."

Thanks to that commenter for commenting on that post this past week. This coming week, I hope to have at least one review out, but that depends on the distribution actually being released this week (and me being able to test it as usual). Also, I had hoped to review PCLinuxOS 2011.6 KDE, but it refused to start X/11 in the live session, and none of the suggestions in the forums seemed to help, so I felt that it wasn't worth a review. (Yes, I've learned my lesson from SimplyMEPIS 11.) Suffice it to say that I can't recommend it if I can't get it to actually start KDE in the live session, even when I've followed the proper procedures in creating a live USB. And remember, if you like what I write, please continue subscribing and commenting!