2010-04-02

My Trip to MIT

I had an extremely enjoyable visit to MIT over the last few days. I got back home late last night.
Our hotel was quite nice; it was very well-furnished and looked quite clean and well-maintained despite being a cheaper hotel.
I got to sit in 2 classes: Quantum Mechanics and Statistical Mechanics. I found the former to actually be easier to understand; I was completely lost in the latter.
I got to visit a dorm - Simmons Hall. It is totally wacky in construction and design.
I got to speak with all of the people that I intended [to speak].
I found myself loving Boston - it is quite safe and has a lot of nice parks, restaurants, and other attractions, as well as a whole host of other colleges.
Overall, it was quite a great trip, and I could definitely see myself going to MIT!